How too root Optimus G Pro F240 (Download)

Discussion in 'LG Optimus G Pro F240 Android Development' started by Briggs, Mar 11, 2013.

?

Did you manage to root your Optimus G Pro?

1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    70.6%
  2. No :(

15 vote(s)
    29.4%

1. Briggs

Briggs Administrator Staff Member

Optimus G Pro All-in-one root. One click root. I just tested the Optimus G rooting tool on my G Pro. Yes it works!! I hope LG don't patch this. This was tested on my Korean F240K version on Olleh.

Rooted and working!
    [​IMG]

Step by step how to root the Optimus G Pro F240
    1. Download the attached Rar file (Optimus G Pro root). This contains the superuser, busybox and adb to push the files over to the phone.
    2. Make sure you enable allow untrusted sources and enable usb debugging mode.
    3. Install the LG usb drivers, connect the phone in LG software mode.
    4. Connect the phone to your PC via USB Cable.
    5. Run the root.bat from the attached archive.
    6. Follow the command prompt instructions.
    If it works your phone will reboot and you will have super user installed and ROOT access!!! Congrats.

Edit:

Proof it worked for my G Pro.
    Root access super user works.

Attached Files:

yolav and gusanomx like this.
  2. gusanomx

gusanomx New Member

Hey thanks a lot!!
    I had my OGP since yesterday and I did that you post and it's amazing... now I've my OGP rooted 100% working... i must to say that my OGP is a F240L model...

Thanks again!!
  3. Davey

Davey Member

I will use this soon, Briggs to you know if the boot loader is locked? Maybe try the Korean Optimus G bootloader unlocker.....
  4. MCube74

MCube74 New Member

I got my F240K earlier this week. I will try your root method and will post my feedback.

After root, we can unroot later?
  5. MCube74

MCube74 New Member

I followed your root method and I successfully rooted my phone.

When I click on the SuperSu icon on my phone it tells me that SU binary needs to be updated. Continue? I click continue and then it asks if I have a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM and so on. THen I have option to click normal or TWRP/CWM. Which do I choose?
  6. MCube74

MCube74 New Member

By the way how to remove all the KT software in the phone?
  7. Briggs

Use titanium backup and remove the korean apps.
    yolav likes this.
  8. MCube74

MCube74 New Member

I believe that there is a new firmware for F240S. It is version J.

So a new firmware should be releasing for F240K as well.

I want to know if we have to unroot the phone before updating or we can just update the phone and then root again after the update?

How to unroot?
  9. gusanomx

gusanomx New Member

aung kyaw htwe likes this.
  10. MCube74

MCube74 New Member

May be we can use the LG support tool and do a phone recovery. It will erase everything in the phone and bring it back to factory default. It may either install th new firmware by default or it may install an older one and then we have to OTA update.
  11. edsol39

edsol39 New Member

hi, I really need your help and guidance here. I want to root my lg optimus g pro following your method but everytime I'm about the end the rooting method with the screen even saying that I have rooted successfully and that my phone is about to reboot, i would get this warning sign on my phone "unfortunately com.lge hiddenmenus has stopped working" and after the reboot I will always find my phone still not rooted. I really don't know what I did wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  12. Briggs

Hi, sounds like something is crashing. What version do you have? Its confirmed working on the F240K and F240L.
  13. don0098

don0098 New Member

When would you have the Unroot support? I really don't want to root if there's no unroot b/c this phone is 1 month old and I've been getting a lot of updates from LG, and there's supposed to be another big update coming later this month. thanks.
  14. don0098

don0098 New Member

I have the 240L version. thanks.
  15. Briggs

Try a different USB port and double check you have the lg drivers installed. It should work.

No unroot tool, but you can get the updates via the LGMobile support tool and updating there.
  16. Davey

Davey Member

Worked for me on my F240K but it will not let me update
  17. don0098

don0098 New Member

Ok, I have F240L korean version. I rooted!!! i even got the sms to 160 char. awesome! now for the update, at first, it kept saying can't connect to the server. so I used LG Mobile support tool. It connected and said there's no new updates at this time. I know there's no new update b/c I checked update right before rooting the phone. the next day, I checked update from my phone, and it connected and said there's no new updates at this time! Wa? I don't know at this time if my phone will update without the LG mobile tool, or even with the LG mobile tool... I'm waiting for the "Value Pack" update to be released this month. the one with eye movement sensor and dual camera, and color emoticons... I'll come back and post the result later this month.
  18. don0098

don0098 New Member

SMS limit didn't change. the number changed to 160, but when I type a messages and when it goes over 80chars, it turns to MMS.
  19. moizy

moizy New Member

Is there any news if the root works after the value pack update?
  20. Briggs

Yes I just rooted mine after the vaule pack update no issues.