G2 custom roms + How to root & install Custom G2 Rom's on F320 G2

Discussion in 'G2 Android development' started by Briggs, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Briggs

Briggs Administrator Staff Member

Ok the new custom rom from Chinese forum http://sonyue.com/bbs/thread-55839-1-1.html is quite good, once I uninstalled the Chinese apps you get left with a nice base rom with no carrier branding boot logo. No ads, no korean apps and no korean on the dialpad.

Custom Rom features:

• Reduced navigation bar high.
    • Battery percent in icon
    • Zip aligned apps for less ram usage.
    • LG boot logo unbranded.
    • Unbranded / No carrier logos anywhere
    • Korean apps removed, however new chinese apps added...
    • Stock Asop browser
    • English dial pad. No korean letters.
    • Improved battery life (Less bloat and zipaligned)
    • Improved boot up spped
    • Google apps and all stock apps included
    :(Negatives: Chinese apps installed, just remove them with Titanium Backup for root explorer/browser apps. Seems this rom will block the lgmobile support tool firmware recovery. So if you softbrick it may not be possible to recovery your phone this way!

Download the custom rom and extract the update.zip from the custom rom rar to your G2's storage.

Custom F320 G2 rom downloads:
    Steps to install the Custom Roms roms via recovery.

• First you need your phone rooted. At this moment the best working root tool is Vroot. Its in Chinese, but the root app is later in English. Download that here: VRoot 1.6
    • Then once rooted install the touch G2 Reovery Apk, click the first box to install the recovery and then the last box thats says Recovery to reboot into CWM Reovery.
    • Screenshot_2013-09-14-00-55-38.png
    • Once in CWM recovery, MAKE A BACKUP of your stock rom (later place it on your hdd in a safe place), then go to install zip from SD card. Install the update.zip. Takes about 5 minutes please wait.
    • Once the phone has rebooted. DONT install recovery again, it will stop your mircosd card from working!!
    • Factory reset: Go to settings back up and reset. Then Factory data reset. (Important it will wipe your internal sd card so back that up first if you have data on it you need!)
    Optional:Re-root using Vroot so you can understand when apps ask for root permissions! Use Clean Master or titanium back up or root explorer to uninstall the Chinese apps.

Highly recommend: To fix that risk of lg recovery issues in the event of a bootloop / softbrick, go to the build.prop in system/app folder and then find and edit ro.lge.swversion=LG F320LSK CN MOD ROM V2 BY FeiYu to read your model: For example ro.lge.swversion=F320L10m for the F320l or ro.lge.swversion=F320S10k for the F320S and ro.lge.swversion=F320K10m for the F320k

Screenshots of the custom rom:

Screenshot_1970-01-02-08-05-53.png Screenshot_1970-01-02-08-03-51.png Screenshot_1970-01-02-08-07-00.png

Attached Files:

2. Briggs

3. LeoNgo

LeoNgo Active Member Staff Member

Do u know whats the change log of V2 China ? thank you very much for upload this :)
  4. Briggs

Only that its running the latest official firmware build 10K, (10p is on the way soon) and has nav bar size tweak and English dialpad. I recommend this rom. I'm running it myself and its rock stable. All I had to do was uninstall all the Chinese apps.
  5. Davey

Davey Member

so there is a a risk briggs that we can brick our phones with this rom, i read on the other thread it changes the build prop for the phone so the recovery tool might not work?????? Is it worth it.

can you upload the english phone dialer apk that is reall all that has changed right?
  6. Briggs

No real risk i think if you do it as per the instructions. I did not brick. However there is a risk as always if you edit the system files you could get a bootloop. And then to recovery it might be harder as this Chinese rom does change the version in the build prop that might cause issues using the official recovery tool.

To fix that risk of lg recovery issues in the event of a bootloop / softbrick, go to the build.prop and then find and edit ro.lge.swversion=F320 SKL CN or what every it says to read your model: For example ro.lge.swversion=F320L10M for the F320L or ro.lge.swversion=F320S10K for the F320S and ro.lge.swversion=F320K10M for the F320K
  7. kara1000

kara1000 New Member

ok i install to rom like you say in the thread
    in the first boot the phone is bootloop i take the battery out and i make a hard reset everything is fine now
    is a very good rom
    but how i erase the chinese app
    thank you
  8. Briggs

Use Titianium backup to remove the chinese apps
  9. Davey

Davey Member

wow you u guys bricked your phones glad i haven't put the chinese rom on yet!
  10. LeoNgo

Yes I'm struggling to revie the G2. Seems like there is no jtag or riff box that is available atm. My G2 still soft brick ( adb works in recovery, can also boot into bootloadrer ) but can't flash kdz. Managed to wipe the S/W version of phone but still... no luck with flashing :(
  11. LeoNgo

Btw I've managed to extract everything form the Chinese Version 2 ROM via kitchen. If anyone needs any file or apk, buzz me. I can upload to GDrive or Dropbox.
  12. Briggs

Ok, well here is the leaked new firmware 10P for the F320S

F320-CN-V2_10K.7z (1.88 GB)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!gAtV3B7S!cQoIQwX9ygTkNXqbDGufySTEVZUWwe0dy6GzhDWr0yo
    Looking on the source forum of the V2 custom it seems others have managed to flash back to an official rom. What are we doing wrong? Is it a usb drive issue maybe that it stops at 2% before even flashing the phone.
  13. LeoNgo

I dont think so... tried this morning with the technician computer, same thing, even with online restore :( this sucks
  14. Briggs

Damn its something in that Chinese custom rom that is blocking us then. If you don't brick your ok. I have not bricked but I have no way of getting on to an official rom. Unless I was thinking of trying to use a cwm backup maybe to restore.

I also have a stock 10M recovery.img and boot.img (F320L) would that be of use to you? Could you push it to the phone using ABD and maybe have some luck there? Let me know and I can upload them for you.
  15. Davey

Davey Member

why not try xda g2 forums dev's there they might be able to help out????????
  16. LeoNgo

There is a way i believe. Do as follow :

1/ Find a CWM backup rom for F320, download it and copy it to your internal SD. You should try this one : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4gPH7nK6ZY_NHpPVWdrNnJHS2c/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1 ( from choimobile.com, tested and verified by me it works )
    2/ install the recovery again ( let it mess up with your external SD )
    3/ Boot into recovery then restore that backup
    4/ reboot device to make sure it works
    5/ dont install recovery again, wipe data/factory reset instead
    6/ reboot device
    7/ Once it boots up again, try to do a firmware update via LG Flash Tool.
    8/ Profit.

Let me know how it goes.

PS: I managed to extract the Chinese V2 rom, what i see in the vendor xml for that rom is F320K :O but somehow the ROM works on all devices w/o flashing the correct version.....this is weird.
  17. LeoNgo

I've tried XDA forum , been there since 2010 :) but i think noone will give a damn about Korean version cos' most of 'em have ATT or Verizon. Amazingly there is an exploit of sideloading custom recovery into G2 international w/o unlocking bootloader. search the forum then you can see it. I also came to github of that developer and it seems an update of Korean version exploit has already made as well.

In my case, my G2 was messed up and cant do even adb shell so there is no return for me. But for all that can still be able to boot, it worth a try for sideloading.

BUT BECAREFULL, it would brick your device as well if you do something wrong!
  18. LeoNgo

Please upload it. It might be useful Briggs . Right now, i'm asking a friend to do further recovery for me to see how it goes. But i dont think we can push an image to phone via adb with a locked bootloader.
  19. Briggs

20. LeoNgo

Thanks man! I will neeed it. G2 is not home yet... and no good news.