Flash the F320S ?

Discussion in 'G2 General Discussion' started by takugt, Oct 12, 2013.

1. takugt

takugt New Member

Hi Everybody !!

First thanks very luch for this website!

I have the LG G2 F320S version and I wish to flash the F320K kdz firmware because this has less bloatware than the F320S version So:

-is it possible and safe (I don't want to brick my phone ) ?
    - if I can update my phone via OTA ?
    of if it is not possible , can I root my F320s and freeze these applications and How can I do ?
    I wish to can update via OTA with root .

Thanks !

Kind regards
  2. LeoNgo

LeoNgo Active Member Staff Member

- Cross Flash - NO, not recommended!
    - As long as you are on stock firmware w/o root, you can OTA. You won't be able to OTA to a newer firmware when your are rooted or when you use TWRP recovery. IT will cause Recovery loop! ( there is a way to getting out of TWRP recovery loop...by the way if you dont know what is TWRP, please google it just in case )
    - You can root your device using Vroot ( please search forum) then use Titanium Backup to freeze system apps that contain "update" or "FOTA" words.

My recommendation for you : dont Cross-flash any firmware. IT might get you into trouble, especially for the G2 as its bootloader is locked ( no fastboot ). If something bad happens then your G2 might be gone forever.

Finally, please check forums for lots of useful information. And please don't hesitate to ask for help :D Welcome to forums bros/Sis!
  3. takugt

takugt New Member

Hi LeoNeo
    Really, thanks for your advices , I will follow these.
    and to have a better battery life , do you want if you can put the LG G Pro battery (bl-48th) on the LG G2 (bl-56sg) ?
  4. LeoNgo

Im not sure u can do that :D
  5. Briggs

Briggs Administrator Staff Member

Would be nice, but no way it will fix. I have both devices. The G Pro battery is too wide.
  6. takugt

takugt New Member

Hi Briggs !;)

ok thanks for your information. Indeed , il would be very nice .
  7. LeoNgo

Now I'm LeoNeo huh ? :p